Poulan weed eater is a common house hold product that is used very frequently especially by the homes with a garden space. However as it is with all the machines, they require constant attention and maintenance. But over the time the fuel lines still need to be replaced at the regular intervals. This is because of the fact that the gasoline contained in the fuel tanks often tend to erode the rubber lining of the fuel line which are provided to keep the container absolutely intact to prevent any leakage and air free. However this is not a very difficult job and one can do it rather easily with the help of the following instructions without having any expertise.
Tools required for the procedure
This is a rather simple procedure and thus does not really require any speciality tool box. All one might need are needle nosed pliers, a pair of scissors and metal wire or baling wire.
Procedure of replacing the fuel line on the Poulan weed eater
- It is really important to keep in mind that the fuel that is gasoline is a very combustible substance and at the same time rather dangerous. So it is very important that before proceeding with the replacement procedure one make sure that the fuel tank is empty and if not so then make it empty by pouring it out or running the engine till the amount of fuel contained is exhausted.
- Then the next step is locating the metal carburettor which is usually located at the back of the machine. Once this is done then the fuel line needs to be disconnected from the plastic fuel line with the help of the needle nose pliers.
- Then the gas tank is opened and the fuel filter is taken out and discarded along with the fuel filter in case there is one.
- Cutting a little extra fuel line than the old one makes sure that one is comfortable. One of the ends of the fuel line should be cut at 45 degrees and the other end is inserted in the gas tank along with the metal wire which is also known as the baling wire. One needs to keep on doing it till it comes out through the carburettor’s end.
- Finally the excess of the fuel line is cut and the nozzle of the fuel filter is inserted in the fuel line. This assembly is finally put back inside the gas tank and the other end of the fuel line is attached with the carburettor.
Thus, the work is accomplished.
Precautions to be taken during the procedure
Since the process involves handling of the highly volatile and combustible fuel so it is very likely that if one is not careful then he or she can receive serious injuries. Thus a few things should be kept in mind which is laid down below.
- One should not operate while the machine is working. It should be shut down and one might just as well disconnect the spark plug.
- In case the machine is still hot from the last operation then one must wait for it to cool down first.
- The gas should not be allowed to remain in the gas tank during the replacement procedure.
- During the disassembly or even reassembly one should still be careful.
Thus, one might accomplish his or her goal in the above said manner.